beauty

Pick and choose: Eye Primers

9/15/2015

I have been planning doing this post for a while. The idea is to show you two similar products that I love for different reasons. This is not your typical battle of two products post where there is only one winner. There are good and bad sides to everything and I am here to point them out. The differences are in the price, color, pigmentation, texture among other things and it is up to you to pick your favourite of the two. Either way you end up with a great choice.

Mac Paint Pot (left) and Catrice Prime and Fine (right)

I have been using and loving these two eye primers for a while now. Honestly they both work like a charm. They make my eyeshadow stay in place and last forever. And I really mean forever. I mentioned this before, but my eye makeup usually looks the same after a night out as when I applied it. And it always makes me feel bad when I am removing it. But that is a good kind of problem. So here are some things I like and dislike about them.

1. Mac Paint Pot


First, let´s talk about the well known and loved Mac´s Paint Pot. I own Soft Ochre, which is matt yellow toned primer. It is quite thick consistency, but is still easy to apply. I find it doesn´t settle in the fine lines. It makes the eyeshadow pop and prolongs the wear significantly. It has became a staple, no, a necessity in my makeup routine. It comes in a little glass pot and you get 5g of product, which will last you for a couple of years at least, it depends on how often you use it. The only downside would be the price. It is quite expensive, but definitely worth the splurge.

2. Catrice Cosmetics Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner


For everyone who can´t get the paint pot, don´t worry. I have another great primer for you. Catrice Cosmetics Prime and Fine smoothing refiner is actually a face primer, but I didn´t really like it for my face. It just didn´t do anything for my oily skin, but as an eye primer it works so well. (I tried their actual eye primer but I didn´t like it at all) It is very different to Mac´s Paint Pot but honestly they both work just the same. Catrice primer is very smooth and silky with no pigmentation once applied and subtle artificial smell. It comes in a slightly bigger plastic container with a lot more product, 14g. It is also significantly cheaper, I believe I got mine for around 5 euros. 


I hope you enjoyed this post. I will probably do more of these in the future, comparing powders, foundations, blushes,...in the mean time I would love for you to share in the comments, What is your all time favourite eye primer? Check out last weeks Beauty post and come back next Tuesday for more about Beauty.

N. 

You Might Also Like

0 komentarji