beauty

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review

9/22/2015

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation has been my go-to full coverage foundation in combination with Catrice Cosmetics All About Matt Foundation. Together they create a perfect color and full coverage for my special occasion make-up. Since it plays such an important role I think it deserves a proper review. Let´s take a look at some pros as well as the things I am not so crazy about.

Right off the bat, there is something really unique about this foundation. It is quite thick, yet extremely smooth to the touch, which I like quite a lot. It´s not like your average liquid foundation, it has creamy consistency. It blends very easily and leaves the skin looking dewy and natural. If you look really closely you can notice a bit of shimmer in the bottle, that is not noticeable once applied. The coverage is medium, but buildable, without looking cakey. It has a nice creamy smell to it. It also has SPF 15 which is a bonus. I usually don´t mention the packaging, since the only thing that really matters is the actual product. But this one looks quite expensive. I really enjoy it. And it comes with a pump, something that makes my life a lot easier.


On the negative side, I did notice that it doesn´t last very long. After a few hours it starts fading away. I have quite oily skin and I found I had to blot and powder my face many times throughout the day. It emphasized my oily T-zone, which I haven´t experienced with any other foundation before. That is why I would recommend this foundation to people with dry or combination skin or simply mix this foundation with a matt finish foundation.

Also be aware of the shades, they run a bit darker. I got mine in Classic Beige, 201 which is way too dark for my skin. How do you like this foundation? Let me know in the comments, check out last week´s post: Pick and Choose: Eye Shadow Primers and come back next Tuesday for more Beauty talk.

N.

You Might Also Like

0 komentarji